Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Serious fish



We'll see how lucky we get..going fishing soon. This wouldn't be a bad catch. A real monster like this would just about be insane...

Pike get to about 20" long at 3 years... they can live to be 25 years old. A 5-8 year old fish is going to be 30"+ and get into the 7-8 lb range. A guy I talked to at my local store caught one that was 46" long, which should be about 30 pounds.
Really, I just hope to catch a lot of "little" ones . If we get lucky and each catch at least one nice one, it'll be the trip of a lifetime. Biggest thing I've ever caught was about a 4 lb bass. Longest fish was a chain pickerel of almost 21". I am quite ready to improve those records.

Oh, there's walleye there too, so we'll be catching a bit of both. Maybe even a trout.

But let's be real. It's all about the big pike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home